Renaming Files and creating an easily downloadable file

Hi there,

Love the product overall.

I need help with changing the output file name to something more palatable. Is there a way to do this in the API call?

Also, when the output file is accessed it is not easily downloadable on iPhone. With some platforms you can get it to “download” or “view” when the link is pressed on iPhone but on Shotstack it just opens the AWS link in the browser and then the download process is not user friendly.

Any suggestions for help with either of these?

Also, I asked support and they replied a couple of times and now my help (?) icon up in the top right no longer opens any help. it’s like it has been disabled.

If I can get my products working smoothly then I will be using Shotstack a great deal.

Many thanks in advance for the help.

Does anyone even check this forum? I’ve no help back from support. Starting to wonder if Shotstack is even being used/maintained any more.

For real, why have this? My post been up for 8 days and nothing. Seems like that’s the norm. I really want to like ShotStack because of the pay-as-you-go pricing but I’ve also been using Creatomate which is very similar but maybe slightly better.

Hi @andthenisheardnomore,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Thanks for pointing out the issue with contacting support. We’ve fixed it now, and you can access our chats.

Regarding changing the output file or making the download process more intuitive, I recommend using an integration like Vimeo or Google Drive to create a more user-friendly experience.

The link we provide is primarily meant for application downloads for use in a more intuitive setting.

Does this help?