Newbie questions

Hi all, I come from a design/production background and would like to basically create my own templates for potential clients to be able to fill out as a simple form process, enter fields attach files and the template turn that into a final video.

I understand I would need to create these templates using JSON and how would I need to build the interface to provide clients that simple form experience for a number of preset video types (like seen on the shotstack site).

Any help pushing me in the right direction, what I need to learn to create my first template and how I should go about creating or using an interface for potential clients to use would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

The best way to get started is by following the guides in the Getting Started section of the Learn pages:

This should give you a good overview on how the API works and how you can start designing your templates.

In terms of the interface this will depend on how comfortable you are with coding. We have some open source demos available that include forms you can draw some inspiration from. Otherwise we also have a guide on how to use Google Forms to build videos.

I hope the above helps you get on your way. If there’s any questions please feel free to ask :slight_smile:

Also take a look at merge fields which let you set up a template with placeholders that can easily be replaced with data from a form: Personalize videos using merge fields — Shotstack

And our most recent feature that lets you save a template with placeholders and add the merge the fields at render time: Introducing Shotstack Template Endpoint — Shotstack

Thanks so much for the replies, those tips are great - I will get learning. Cheers!