Metadata and saving videos

Hi guys I am currently trying to develop a senario where I will get a record (video) from make the size will be changed through shotstack and then the video will be uploaded onto google drive or airtable.

Quick questions

1. will the metadata be different for every video if they are all different sizes?
  2. Is there a way to upload the finished videos onto Drive or Airtable?
  3. I am assuming once I purchase Shotstack the watermark will be removed?
  4. Is there a way to also add a image at the end or start of the video to change the metadata?

Hi,
Some quick answers to your questions:

1. When you say metadata do you mean the JSON used to create the video? I do know that if you specify an output size for the video, lets say 720x720px, then all videos will be cropped to fit inside that size. You can set the the fit property if you want the video to stretch/shrink or be contained within the output size but the output size will not change. You don’t need to set the scaling to fit the video, it will be done automatically. I will post some examples.

2. I think there are Make integrations to upload to Drive or update Airtable. I think you need to use a timer to wait for the video to render and then use out get status integration to get the URL. I will get someone with more knowledge to give more details for this one.

3. Yes, once you purchase the watermark is removed. Sandbox is free for development and always has a watermark but production/v1 paid accounts have no watermark.

4. Yes, you can add anything in a sequence so that can be an image or video clip. You can also layer clips so the image could be on top of the video at at start or before the main video clip.

Here is an example of a 16:9 video resized to square (720px x 720px), the source video is 1920x1080px:

{
    "timeline": {
        "tracks": [
            {
                "clips": [
                    {
                        "asset": {
                            "type": "video",
                            "src": "https://shotstack-assets.s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/footage/surfers.mp4"
                        },
                        "start": 0,
                        "length": 5,
                        "fit": "crop"
                    }
                ]
            }
        ]
    },
    "output": {
        "format": "mp4",
        "size": {
            "width": 720,
            "height": 720
        }
    }
}

This is how that looks:

If you change the fit setting to contain, it looks like this:

And set to cover it looks like this:

Here is the JSON to add an image at the start:

"timeline": {
        "background": "#000000",
        "tracks": [
            {
                "clips": [
                    {
                            "type": "image",
                            "src": "https://shotstack-assets.s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/branding/logo-reverse.png"
                        },
                        "start": 0,
                        "length": 2.5,
                        "fit": "none",
                        "effect": "zoomIn",
                        "transition": {
                            "in": "fade",
                            "out": "fade"
                        }
                    },
                    {
                            "type": "video",
                            "src": "https://shotstack-assets.s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/footage/surfers.mp4"
                        },
                        "start": 2.5,
                        "length": 5,
                        "transition": {
                            "in": "fade"
                        }
                    }
                ]
            }
        ]
    },
    "output": {
        "format": "mp4",
        "size": {
            "width": 720,
            "height": 720
        }
    }
}

And how that looks:

Note that the fit for the image is set to none - that will not resize it in any way and use the original pixel dimensions of the image. I also added a fade in and out transition to make it look a bit nicer.

Thank you for the reply it was very useful. So with the metadata I am needing to change it to upload the same video onto TikTok lots of times. At the moment I change the size of the video and add an image before the video for 0.5 seconds but it dosen’t seem to do the job. TikTok seems to be able to still tell it was the same video.

There is no way to set metadata with our API, but I am not sure that would help. It seems like the issue is that TikTok is detecting duplicate videos and deliberately stopping them from being uploaded. It might be able to do this using some kind of visual comparison rather than looking at metadata. It makes sense for them to do that. Can you make the videos more varied so they do not get detected as duplicates? Is there a reason you would upload the same video? Is it identical or only small parts change?