Maximum File Sizes? Shotstack AND Integromat

Shotstack truly is thing of beauty! Happy New Year Jeff and the Team.

Context:
The files I’m looking to process are 3 hours / >3gb.

I’m using Shotstack to trim them to clips of up to 60 minutes / >1gb.

I then want to upload the trimmed render clips from Shotstack to Vimeo (or similar).

I am currently using Integromat (with a google sheet providing the Start/End times for the trimming).

Questions:

1. Can Shotstack handle single files which are 3hrs / >3gb? (I’m currently testing with smaller file sizes before i upgrade to Professional)

2. Can I use the Shotstack CDN file directly to upload the output to Vimeo (or similar) - Integromat has a file size limit for “Get a File” module which means I cant currently upload the longer/larger clips.

3. Shotstack doesnt seem to recognise Zoom cloud recording mp4s? I’ve tried several and my work around is to convert in handbrake before uploading (but I really want this to be automated in integromat via Zoom>Dropbox>Shotstack).

Here is my current scenario which is where I am hitting the file size error in the Get a File module.

Happy new year @nick! And thank you for the kind words.

To answer your questions

Can Shotstack handle single files which are 3hrs / >3gb? (I’m currently testing with smaller file sizes before i upgrade to Professional)

Yes. Anything up to 5GB. You would need to use the mount disk type however. If you need to upload larger files let us know.

The mount disk type isn’t yet supported by the Integromat modules (max 512MB) and would need to be by using the Integromat HTTP Request module. I’ll add this to the roadmap though. It shouldn’t be a major change so we may be able to get it implemented by the end of the month.

Can I use the Shotstack CDN file directly to upload the output to Vimeo (or similar) - Integromat has a file size limit for “Get a File” module which means I cant currently upload the longer/larger clips.

There aren’t many Integromat modules that allow for a direct upload via a link unfortunately. The Vimeo upload video module also doesn’t appear to support upload via links while their API does provide the capability.

It’s a lot more efficient to upload directly from the Shotstack link. Normally all Integromat have a universal API call module but Vimeo doesn’t appear to have one. If you have the capacity you can use the HTTP Request module.

You would need to create a Vimeo app and then use your client ID and secret to get an authentication token. Then you can upload a video using the link provided by Shotstack. You can download the blueprint here: blueprint (4).json (27.8 KB)

Shotstack doesnt seem to recognise Zoom cloud recording mp4s? I’ve tried several and my work around is to convert in handbrake before uploading (but I really want this to be automated in integromat via Zoom>Dropbox>Shotstack).

Could you provide an example file? Sometimes the URL doesn’t resolve to the actual file itself and takes you to a HTML page where the video is embedded. You would need a public URL that resolves to the actual video file.

One way to see whether the file is accessible by Shotstack is by using this online media inspector. If it provides you with the video metadata is should be accessible by Shotstack as well.

Thank you! This is great news…am so relieved it is possible.

Seems like I need to get:
Use Integromat HTTP Request module to request mount disk
and
Configure the two HTTP / Vimeo modules in the scenario you shared.

I’ve used your probe.video tool and the zoom export files seemed ok in it but i get a validation error in the integromat scenario.

Could you share the link to the file? I’ll take a look what may be causing the issue.