Connect Shotstack to Bubble.io

I’m just getting started with Shotstack… and I’m using Bubble.io for my app.

I made one video template in Shotstack and want to be able to use this same template over and over to make new videos from a form in Bubble… the video template is in my sandbox environment.

In Bubble, I went to the API Connector and filled out the details to the best of my knowledge, using my Sandbox API Key.

When I “Initialize Call”, I get an error that states "There was an issue setting up your call. Raw response for the API Status code 401 {“message”:“Unauthorized”}

… I’m totally lost.

It’s hard to tell form the screenshot, but is the Authentication (private key in header), is it sending the header key as x-api-key?

1 Like

That was exactly the issue… I had to change “Authorization” to "
x-api-key"

Thank you!

I seem to be having only one other issue now…

Bubble views “<” and “>” as the beginning and ending of dynamic data… to avoid issues with the paragraph tags I used “<” and “>” but those values aren’t reading in Shotstack as HTML.

The result is that my video text has the paragraph values

Found a workaround… putting it here for anyone in the future

I edited the workflow on Bubble to include the open paragraph tag in an Arbitrary text field and then appended the input value and appended the closing paragraph tag

1 Like

Ensure your API Connector settings match Shotstack’s API documentation. Use dynamic data from the form to populate the template. Test with simple data to troubleshoot any issues.
And By the way… it’s a great start!

1 Like

Hello,
Thanks for the solution, this is very helpful for me.

1 Like

Thanks for putting the request into the workflow instead of the API connector plugin!
What is the parent workflow or screenshot of the whole workflow? Is it “get data from external API”, see my screenshot?
Thank you in advance!

I’m actually going to be rebuilding what I did, as I’m pretty new to this stuff and am constantly learning more.

What you have there does seem like it should work though.

1 Like

My bubble coach is helping me at Shotstack plugin help - Jobs / Freelance - Bubble Forum

Still need advice on understanding difference between api connector body, and workflow body, so I know where to put dynamic fields. And how to edit templates. Thanks all!

@dazzatron I keep getting a Scale error message for all the template code I’ve tried, and your sample code, though some of your sample code works when it doesn’t have Scale. Please help? Emailing support is getting no response for 1 week.

@initialsjz I think your questions are going to require a bit of back and forth. You should create a new topic to keep this one simple.

Feel free to mention me and I’ll see if I can help you at all.