Clip/Request Size Limits

Hi,

Are there any limits to the number of clips in a render request or to the size of the render request body on the free tier? I am observing behavior where requests with a larger amount of clips fail with a cryptic ‘Rendering failed’ message. The only way to make these requests succeed appears to be to remove clips from the request. Happy to provide UUIDs or any other info.

Josh

Hi Josh,
We have just released an update that will allow larger JSON payloads to be processed. It was around 100kb, for now we have increased the limit to 390kb. We will look again at the size issue in the future but for now will stick to this limit.

If you now try to submit a payload greater than 390k you will get a readable error from the API before your video is queued to be rendered.

Any chance of increasing this payload limit again? I’m running into this limit quite often and is detrimental to several automations I’m trying to build for video processing :smiling_face_with_tear:

Other things that would allow me to reduce payload size:

• Add support for text shadows and box shadows (so I don’t have to duplicate elements and layer them to make fake shadows)
  • allow global css rules so I don’t have to pass them as a “css” parameter for every timeline object.

If you have any other tips that might help, I’d love to learn! :slight_smile:

Hello @joelrendall,

The payload limit remains at 390kb currently. We plan to raise this limit, although it won’t happen immediately. In the meantime, a workaround is to make multiple API calls and stitch together the final render.

It’s been more than a year and yet not been implemented :frowning:
Would love to have this increased