August Feature Release Update

Over the last month we have rolled out several features which are now generally available, fully documented and available in the PHP, Node and Ruby SDK’s.

Key features include:

• Image editing and manipulation - export as jpg, png or bmp.
  • Serve API, hosting and asset management now available via SDK
  • Shuffle transition (see below)
  • Transition speeds (slow, fast and default)
  • Quality setting (low, medium, high) - balance download speed vs visual quality
  • Custom sizes - specify your own video and image dimensions.

Read the full update here:
Image editing, Serve API, shuffle transition and more — Shotstack

Shuffle transition

Freeze frame video effect using image screen grab

2 Likes

I realise this is an old post, but was searching for an answer on where you can change the quality setting of a video in Shotstack?

• Quality setting (low, medium, high) - balance download speed vs visual quality

That’s right. It is too late now but perhaps we should have called this compression (high, med, low). Quality low does not mean the out put is low quality, it just means the compression is higher so there will be some loss in visual quality but for the most part it is very small between each setting.

The key thing is to balance download speed vs storage space vs visual quality and what is acceptable for your users and your wallet :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Where can that setting be changed for each video?- an account setting? Or not possible?

I think I misunderstood your message. The feature is in the output setting of the video JSON payload, see the docs here: Shotstack v1 API Reference Documentation and scroll down to quality.

For each render you can specify the quality. Either do this using JSON so that your output looks something like:

"output": {
    "format": "mp4",
    "resolution": "hd",
    "quality": "low"
}

or if using the SDKs there will be a method setQuality("low") or similar depending on language.

1 Like

no worries, thanks Lucas!